What a busy couple of weekends! I feel like I have constantly been on the go, yet there has been so much to celebrate! Last weekend I was able to go back to my hometown to witness one of my best friends from high school marry her high school sweetheart and one of my oldest childhood buddies. I am so happy for them and wish them a lifetime of adventure and love! I also tried to spend as much time as I could with my parents, and it was great that they could be my dates to the wedding since J had to stay home for football. I was a little bummed that he wasn’t able to meet all my friends who were in town but I was also missing all of his former teammates who were back for the homecoming football game. Wish I could have been in two places at once!
This weekend my in laws came to visit. I absolutely loved having them! Since they live so far away, we take advantage of the time when they are here and try to pack in as much as we can. They were able to help celebrate another football win to continue this at 5 – 0, and I got to share great news when I woke up to a 5:47 am text (what was my brother thinking??) to find out that I am getting a sister!! I am so excited for my oldest brother and his engagement, and couldn’t be happier about his choice of future bride. Our family absolutely adores her and she makes my brother incredibly happy! Congrats Joe and Caitlin!
I’ve been feeling very fall festive as of late. I don’t know what it is, but I am enjoying the cooler weather, the fall theme decorations, and all of the seasonal flavors. I came up with a great treat for the guys this week, with all the best flavors. Peanut Butter & Chocolate.
One of the best part about this desserts is just how easy it is to make. All you need is a microwave, and some microwave safe bowls to melt the peanut butter and chocolate in. I had a hard time not eating all of the toppings while making this, so make sure you have some extra to snack on.
- 1 2/3 cups chocolate chips
- 1 2/3 cups peanut butter chips
- 2 bricks of Vanilla Almond Bark
- 2 Tbs shortening – divided
- ½ cup pretzel pieces
- 1 cup chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- ½ cup candy corn
- In a microwave safe bowl, place the peanut butter chips and 1 Tbs of shortening. Heat for 30 seconds on high. Remove and stir. Repeat until melted. Pour onto a wax paper lined 9×13 pan. Refrigerate for 5 minutes
- Repeat the same process with the chocolate chips, with the remaining 1 Tbs of shortening. Pour evenly on top of the peanut butter. Add toppings while chocolate is still melted, pressing them into the chocolate.
- Melt the almond bark using a double boiler (I just use a pan over boiling water). Once melted, place into a plastic baggy and cut the corner off. Drizzle all over bark. Let the bark cool completely before breaking into chunks. Refrigerate if necessary. Let the bark come to room temperature if you do refrigerate.